GFRD 2015 Awards calls for proposal to recognize best practices in the field of remittances and development. It provides an opportunity for stakeholders from public and private sectors, civil society, and the development community to engage and identify opportunities for collaboration, and also to disseminate the latest trends and best practices related to remittances and their potential for development. The award has two categories. First, private sector award for best practice in remittances for development and second, project award for best practice in remittances for development. The organization/project will be eligible for the award if it has achieved one of these following criteria:
- Improving accessibility of remittance transfers (in terms of distance, safety, and speed);
- Reduced remittance transfer costs;
- Improved safety and security of remittances transfers;
- New business models and market entrants relating to remittances;
- Innovative models of remittance transfers involving new technologies;
- Improved competition in the remittance transfer market;
- Financial inclusion: taylor-made financial services for remittance senders and/or receivers;
- Channeling remittances to promote social, environmental, and economic development;
- Investment mechanisms for diaspora or migrant families, mobilising capital;
- Gender-informed remittances services;
- Special consideration will be given to initiatives that: have successfully scaled up remittance-related initiatives and have involved collaboration between public, private, and civil society individuals/organizations.
Finalists will be awarded at the GFRD 2015 in Milan in June 2015. The last date of submitting the application is April 30, 2015.